This is a one-off free online course which will help you to develop the skills to write a funding bid that is more likely to be more successful, focusing specifically on Eastbourne Borough Council’s small grants scheme. We will look at why funding applications are unsuccessful, what information EBC are looking for and how to provide that information in a clear and understandable way.
This is a 2-hour course with time for a ‘Question and Answer’ session where you will also be able to work on your ideas and application with the support of our funding advisors and / or make an appointment to discuss in more detail.
By the end of the session you will:
- Have an understanding of what makes a successful bid and why funding bids can be unsuccessful
- Have an understanding of what EBC is looking for in a funding application
- Have an understanding of how to provide evidence of the need for your project
- Have an understanding of how to demonstrate your project outcomes
- Have an understanding of how to present your project
Who should attend?
This course is for Trustees, Managers, Fund Raisers and other individuals who are responsible for or involved in writing funding bids for their voluntary and community organisations. The session will be particularly useful for beginners or those with limited experience of fundraising who wish to apply to Eastbourne Borough Council’s Small Grants Scheme. To find out more about the workshop, please contact Steve Hughes on 07539 887 845 or contact him via e-mail at Stephen.Hughes@3va.org.uk
What our participats say
"Excellent session – practical and really useful."
"Well presented, very helpful answers to questions"
"Most valuable thing was the opportunity to network and be encouraged."