Alliance Development Worker
East Sussex VCSE Alliance
Up to £10,000 over three months (Paid)
East Sussex Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Alliance – Temporary Vacancy for Development Worker
We are looking for a part time, fixed-term Alliance Development Worker to support our work programme between March and May 2021.
The East Sussex VCSE Alliance is made up of 15 independently constituted community, voluntary and social enterprise organisations. We work in partnership to support our diverse communities in the county of East Sussex.
The working hours are flexible and can be delivered as a part time employee, freelance or as a secondment. A total of up to £10,000 over three months is available for the right applicant.
The main purpose of this job is to work with Alliance members to:
- Design, pilot and circulate a survey of Alliance members with a focus on strategic development (March)
- Analyse survey findings and produce a report for Alliance members (March/April)
- Organise a facilitated Alliance workshop to discuss the survey findings to help agree Alliance priorities going forward (April)
- Produce a report on the Alliance workshop (April/May)
- Support a freelance co-ordinator to set up a county-wide VCSE conference (date tbc)
- To attend monthly Alliance meetings between March and May and take notes for distribution to Alliance members
- Support other Alliance developments where capacity allows
This post will be line managed by the Alliance Chair, John Routledge, with additional support from Steve Hare, the Alliance Vice Chair.
Some administrative support will also be available.
How to apply
Applications for this post are welcomed from any suitable candidate by 5.00 pm on Monday 15th February 2021.
- A brief CV
- A short covering email explaining how your skills, knowledge and experience match what is required
- Confirmation of how many hours you are available to work for the Alliance during March, April and May 2021
Please contact John Routledge at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07794 100 291 with any questions and for an informal conversation about this opportunity.
Completed applications should be emailed or posted to John Routledge using the contact details below:
Postal address: East Sussex Community Voice, Greencoat House, 32 St Leonard’s Road, Eastbourne BN21 3UT
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview shortly after the 15th February closing date.