Community Development Officer (Eastbourne)
£30,451 per annum (£18,517.50 pro rata) (Paid)
As a Community Development Officer you will work within the Eastbourne area to support develop, facilitate a vibrant, dynamic and connected voluntary and community sector in Eastbourne, building capacity in individuals and groups to support local activities and initiatives which benefit Eastbourne’s community.
The postholder works as part of a team of Community Development Officers for Eastbourne, Wealden and Lewes District.
The postholder’s role is:
- Identifying local community needs and priorities. Helping to set up new groups
- Building capacity and capability which enables the voluntary and community sector to be more effective and sustainable
- Identifying, developing and supporting events and partnership projects
- Ensuring that local groups are provided with support to develop best practice in management and governance (including management of volunteers and staff, governance, fundraising and planning)
- Bringing an entrepreneurial approach to development and collaborative opportunities
- Identifying income and funding opportunities from public and private sector sources
- Promoting and supporting 3VA membership as a key element in developing and maintaining a vibrant community and voluntary environment
If you have any questions about the role before applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.