Head of Finance
NJC scale points 26-31 (£30,451-£34,728 full-time) pro-rata + 3% employer’s contribution to auto-enrolment pension (Paid)
About Together Co
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a finance & resources professional to join the Senior Team at our thriving and popular local charity. This is a newly created Head of Finance & Resources post.
Together Co is Brighton and Hove’s loneliness charity, creating connections that change lives. We run befriending and social prescribing that support over 2000 people a year and have a volunteer team of over 500. We have grown rapidly in the last few years, serving more and different people.
You can be part of the next steps by helping us manage our finances, people, space and systems to be the best we can and have the biggest impact we can.
We want to meet the challenges of hybrid working, testing financial environment, expectations of staff, growing involvement by volunteers and increasingly integrated systems. You will help us run to the highest standards of governance and support high-quality decision-making by the CEO, Senior Team and Board.
- You will be AAT qualified, have experience in running financial systems reporting and payroll.
- You will lead the further development of the finance, HR, IT and other systems and functions that allow our staff and office volunteers to focus on supporting clients.
- You will provide strategic and developmental input to how we change and grow as an organisation.
- You will have a strong service ethos, excellent communication skills and be highly organised.
- The role will oversee external contractors who deliver key elements of our finance, HR and IT infrastructure, so you will need experience in working with external providers, ensuring they have what they need to deliver the best value for us.
At Together Co we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We know that organisations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better organisations. We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, and LGBTQ+ people.