Recovery Cafe Development Supervisor
East Sussex Recovery Alliance
• Identify, recruit, manage specific café volunteers to ensure that the café is open and staffed appropriately
• Supervise and support ESRA café volunteers to produce low cost meals, snacks and drinks. Typically, up to 15 – 20 meals a day.
• To support and train volunteers in cooking and customer service.
• Using the safer food better business procedure to ensure that the café is compliant with environmental health food hygiene standards for effective service delivery at all times.
• Manage café admin and finances, to include planning menus, ordering stock and reconciling income and expenditure, working alongside the Recovery Hub Manager.
• Identify further training/education needs of volunteers (and staff where applicable) and find resources to help address these where possible.
• Ensure the café at ESRA plays a central role in providing volunteering opportunities.
• Develop an informal and welcoming café environment for service users, volunteers and staff. Help create a community space that fosters mutual aid and peer support.