Age UK East Sussex
£24,861.20 pa pro rata (Paid)
SOCIAL PRESCRIBER – Lewes East Sussex
The position involves working in GP surgeries in the Lewes and Ringmer area.
Location: GP surgeries, Age UK offices and home working.
Salary: £13.66 per hour / £24,861.20 pa pro rata
Hours per week: 17.5 hours per week with 25 days annual leave pro rata
Contract: The current contract is until October 2022 with a strong likelihood of further extensions
Are you somebody who is:
• Knowledgable and understanding of the multiple issues which impact the health and wellbeing of adults with long term health problems, particularly those over 50 years of age
• Able to work using your own initiative and as part of a multiple supportive team
• Able to multitask
• A great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, a respectful and motivational approach to vulnerable people
Do you have some or all of:
• Experience in person-centred planning in a health or social care setting
• Working one to one and holding a caseload
• Good understanding of multiple types of vulnerability
• Experience of researching information
• A full driving licence and daily access to a vehicle
• IT skills and confidence to learn multiple software systems
We are seeking to fill a Social Prescriber post and continue to develop and deliver a well established and excellent social prescribing service in partnership with local GP practices. The service supports patients to navigate their way around health, social care and voluntary sector services and access activities to improve wellbeing. You may lead and support a volunteer, who may on occasion be available to support a patient.
All job applicants will be required to provide 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure. This process forms part of our recruitment policy.
For further details and an application pack about this exciting opportunity, please visit
Alternatively, you can contact the HR Team on 01273 476704 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org All fully completed applications must be received no later than 12am on the 13th December and interviews will be taking place on the 27th January 2022
Registered Charity Number 1139470